RECIPE: INSTANT POT MAC N’ CHEESE￼￼
After many attempts and cheese combinations, we have come up with a delicate mac n’ cheese. The kids gave it 2 thumbs up, saying it tasted better than any restaurant or box.
Makes 4-5 servings.
10 min prep + ~ 20 min cook time
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8oz dry elbow macaroni pasta
- salt for seasoning
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded gouda cheese
- Spray the bottom and sides of the instant pot with cooking spray. Pour water and chicken broth into the instant pot. Add the pasta and salt, and stir. Make sure the pasta is covered by the liquids.
- Lock the lid in place, and make sure the valve is set to the sealing position. Set to manual pressure for 3 minutes (it will take about 10 minutes).
- Once time is up, turn the instant pot off, and do a quick release (be careful, the steam is intense). It will take about 2 minutes to release the pressure. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Add the butter and milk. Toss the pasta until the butter has melted.
- Add the cheese and continue to stir.
- Let it rest for a few minutes, then continue to toss until the cheese has fully melted.
- Serve warm.
Trader Joe’s shredded Mexican cheese is a great alternative for plain cheddar.
Gouda offers a smoother taste than parmesan.