- LET'S CELEBRATE!
It’s National Pancake Day!
In case you missed the memo, today, February 16th, is National Pancake Day. Turns out it’s a holy day for my kids. I’m assuming yours too. And considering this past year we’ve all been through, our household has decided to celebrate AS MANY holidays and events as we possibly can (Our Every Day is a Holiday calendar has been super helpful in making that happen),
So, back to pancakes – my kids grew up on my made-up version of a super simple toddler banana pancake. And though daddy makes some AMAZING fancy pancakes (lemon, sourdough, chocolate chips, and nuts to name a few..), sometimes we just want to go old school. These little guys are super slim, light, and melt in your mouth (scroll down to the bottom of this post for a full recipe).
The caramelized bananas make them super sweet. you can actually skip the syrup, or just sprinkle them with a tad of powdered sugar. Either way, finger-linckin’ good. Scroll down for the recipe!
… and for those of us adulting in the room, here are some fancy-pants pancakes you might want to whip up for yourself!
Super Simple Toddler Banana Pancakes
These pancakes aren’t just for toddlers. My kiddos are no longer toddlers and still ask for them regularly. They are super simple and quick to whip up – even on a school day.
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Cook Time 10 Minutes
- Total Time 15 Minutes
- Serves 2-3 People
- 1 Egg
- 1 Soft banana
- 3 Tbsp Creme Fraiche
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Butter (for frying)
- Using a fork, smash the banana into a smooth texture, then mix in the egg.
- Add the milk, Creme Fraiche, and sugar and mix well.
- Whisk in the flour until all the lumps are gone, and the batter is smooth.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Spoon the batter into the pan, and let the pancake sit until bubbles start appearing around the edges. Flip the pancake and let it cook on the other side.
- Serve right away (syrup and fresh fruit optional)
Ready to hop into the kitchen and fire up your griddle? I don’t blame ya! Have a delicious time!
One more fun thought – another way to make today special – consider surprising your little humans with breakfast for dinner, or fun-shaped pancakes.
’till next time – cheers!